Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] repo: extend info path reporting and structure statistics

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2026 14:37:32 -0800

"eslam reda via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eslam reda ragheb (2):
>   t1900,t1901: make repo tests hash-agnostic and wc-portable
>   t1900,t1901: fix test portability issues
>
> eslam-reda-div (1):
>   repo: extend info paths and structure statistics

I do not think you meant to send a patch seriees with these two same
but different looking folks claiming authorship.

I'll let the main change 1/3 reviewed and commented on those who are
more invested into "git repo", but both [2/3] and [3/3] need to sell
themselves with a more meaningful proposed log messages.

I think the test updates in [2/3] are all good things to do---they
make the test more robust against changes in the hash algorithm
used, what the history left by the previous test steps exactly have,
etc., by avoiding hardcoded constants in the expectation.  And in
light of that, I do not think [3/3] is a good change, especially
without explanation of why we may want to use hardcoded numbres.

Thanks.