Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/17] Use rust types in xdiff.

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2025 23:22:53 -0700

Ezekiel Newren <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2025 at 3:56 PM Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I think we saw that the earlier part were read carefully by Elijah
>> (and others may have read without finding anything worth commenting
>> on), so should we split this into two parts and start merging the
>> early 9 down to 'next' and then to 'master'?
>
> I agree. 1-9 are ready to go. Do I need to create a new version of
> this patch series? let it stand as is until it's been merged into
> master, or something else?

I have

 - en/xdiff-cleanup topic that ends with cb1c89e5 (xdiff: treat
   xdfile_t.rchg like an enum, 2025-09-07);

 - en/xdiff-rust topic that
   - forks from v2.51.0
   - merges (with --no-ff) en/xdiff-cleanup
   - has the remaining patches rebased on the above merge

and 'seen' will have the first one and then the other one merged.
Later, let's merge the former to 'next' and 'master', with the
understanding that everybody is already happy with its contents and
we won't need to touch anything in that first-half of the topic
until we merge it down to 'master'.

The remainder hasn't been commented on very much (yet).  If you have
improvements, please do update these topmost 8 patches so that we
can replace the part of en/xdiff-rust above the merge.

Thanks.