Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/4] Additional FAQ entries

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2024 22:22:27 -0700

"brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]> writes:

> This series introduces some additional Git FAQ entries on various
> topics.  They are all things I've seen in my professional life or on
> Stack Overflow, so I've written documentation.
>
> There were some suggestions in the past that the text "modify, tamper
> with, or buffer" might be somewhat redundant, but I've chosen to keep
> the text as it is to avoid arguments like, "Well, buffering the entire
> request or response isn't really modifying it, so Git should just work
> in that situation," when we already know that doesn't work.

Buffering the entire thing will break because ...?  Deadlock?  Or is
there anything more subtle going on?

Are we affected by any frame boundary (do we even notice?) that
happens at layer lower than our own pkt-line layer at all (i.e. we
sent two chunks and we fail to work on them correctly if the network
collapses them into one chunk, without changing a single byte, just
changing the number of read() system calls that reads them?)?