Subject: [PATCH] remote: simplify "remote add --tags" help text

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 15:31:03 -0700

The help text for the --tags option was split into two option[]
entries, which was a hacky way to give two lines of help text (the
second entry did not have either short or long help, and there was
no way to invoke its entry---it was there only for the help text).

As we now support multi-line text in the option help, let's make
the second line of the help a proper second line and remove the
hacky second entry.

Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---
 builtin/remote.c | 5 ++---
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/builtin/remote.c b/builtin/remote.c
index 1e0b137d97..09fb9ae30d 100644
--- a/builtin/remote.c
+++ b/builtin/remote.c
@@ -167,10 +167,9 @@ static int add(int argc, const char **argv, const char *prefix)
 	struct option options[] = {
 		OPT_BOOL('f', "fetch", &fetch, N_("fetch the remote branches")),
 		OPT_SET_INT(0, "tags", &fetch_tags,
-			    N_("import all tags and associated objects when fetching"),
+			    N_("import all tags and associated objects when fetching\n"
+			       "or do not fetch any tag at all (--no-tags)"),
 			    TAGS_SET),
-		OPT_SET_INT(0, NULL, &fetch_tags,
-			    N_("or do not fetch any tag at all (--no-tags)"), TAGS_UNSET),
 		OPT_STRING_LIST('t', "track", &track, N_("branch"),
 				N_("branch(es) to track")),
 		OPT_STRING('m', "master", &master, N_("branch"), N_("master branch")),
-- 
2.41.0-376-gcba07a324d