Subject: Re: [PATCH] t3701: we don't need no Perl for `add -i` anymore

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 10:40:03 -0700

"Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
writes:

> -if test_have_prereq !PERL
> -then
> -	skip_all='skipping add -i (scripted) tests, perl not available'
> -	test_done
> -fi
> -

The version before ab/retire-scripted-add-p partially touched this
line used to use !ADD_I_USE_BUILTIN,!PERL as the prerequisites, i.e.
"When we are not testing the built-in version, skip this script if
we do not have a working Perl".  Now we no longer have the scripted
one, the former half of the prerequisite is never satisified (i.e.
we are always testing the built-in version, and there is no reason
to see if Perl is available).

With this the topic becomes complete.  Very nice.

I read the changes other test scripts touched by the topic just to
double check, and it seems this was the only misconversion.  t2016
and t6132 had the same logic but spelled in different ways, and
there were converted correctly back then.

Will queue.  Thanks.