Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/5] notes.c: introduce "--no-blank-line" option

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 10:10:52 +0900

Teng Long <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Teng Long (5):
>>   notes.c: cleanup 'strbuf_grow' call in 'append_edit'
>>   notes.c: cleanup for "designated init" and "char ptr init"
>>   notes.c: drop unreachable code in 'append_edit()'
>>   notes.c: provide tips when target and append note are both empty
>>   notes.c: introduce "--no-blank-line" option
>
> I'm not sure if this patch series should continue, and if there are no
> updated comments it will be temporarily suspended.
>
> Thanks for the reviews on the past patches.

Taylor, This topic was marked to "expect" a reroll in the second
issue of November "What's cooking" report you did.  Do you recall
what remaining works there were?

I personally do not have much opinion on this topic, other than that
"--no-blank-link" would be a horrible name (i.e. uses concrete words
to pretend that it clearly describes what it does, but is utterly
unclear where these blank lines are etc.) for the feature to help
end-users discover it.