Subject: Re: Resizing panels in the gitk window

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 09:23:27 -0700

Matthias Aßhauer <[email-masked]> writes:

> It looks like the issue at [1]. It sadly seems like nobody ever
> reviewed or applied thos suggested patches, but there is some more
> off-list discussion at [2].
>
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/#t
> [2] https://github.com/git/git/pull/1219#issuecomment-1113122632

Thanks for a pointer.

I do recall seeing [1] but I do not see anything happened on the
thread since then.  I didn't look at it back then primarily because
the patches were made against a wrong history (no, you do not want
to make a gitk patch against my tree nor throw a pull request at my
repository), and there was no way for me to pick it up.

As Documentation/SubmittingPatches says:

    Some parts of the system have dedicated maintainers with their own
    repositories.
    ... 
    Patches to these parts should be based on their trees.

Having said that, gitk has been quiescent for quite a while, and I
wonder if Paul's been too busy for (or no longer interested in)
maintaining it and perhaps he can use a replacement maintainer?