Subject: Re: [PATCH] t/lib-git.sh: fix ACL-related permissions failure

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2021 13:03:00 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This change is required in particular to avoid tests relating to SSH
>> signing failing in Cygwin.
>
> ... I am not quite sure how this explains "tests relating to ssh
> signing failing on Cygwin".  After all, this piece of code is
> lazy_prereq, which means that ssh-keygen in this block that fails
> (due to a less restrictive permissions) would merely mean that tests
> that are protected with GPGSSH prerequisite will be skipped without
> causing test failures.  After all that is the whole point of
> computing prereq on the fly.

The reason why I wondered about the above is that it can be an
indication of another breakage, namely, that we may have tests that
require a working ssh-keygen but are by mistake not protected with
GPGSSH prerequisite.

The test_lazy_prereq block you touched may refrain from setting the
prerequisite on your system (due to the faulty test here that you
touched), but if we had such unprotected tests, we still will run
ssh signing tests and they would fail, due to the lack of the
prerequisite.

And fixing the prereq block alone will hide that other breakage, at
least on your system.  Hence my question.

Thanks.