Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/21] object_id part 7

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 10:32:23 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 04:01:22PM +0000, brian m. carlson wrote:
>
>> This is part 7 in the continuing transition to use struct object_id.
>> 
>> This series focuses on two main areas: adding two constants for the
>> maximum hash size we'll be using (which will be suitable for allocating
>> memory) and converting struct sha1_array to struct oid_array.
>
> Both changes are very welcome. I do think it's probably worth changing
> the name of sha1-array.[ch], but it doesn't need to happen immediately.
>
> I read through the whole series and didn't find anything objectionable.
> The pointer-arithmetic fix should perhaps graduate separately.

I didn't see anything incorrect when I queued the series, either,
and after I re-read it I saw a few minor readability issues, but
modulo that this looks ready.  I did split the push-cert parsing fix
and applied to an older base independently, though.

> I suggested an additional cleanup around "linelen" in one patch. In the
> name of keeping the number of re-rolls sane, I'm OK if we skip that for
> now (the only reason I mentioned it at all is that you have to justify
> the caveat in the commit message; with the fix, that justification can
> go away).

A follow-up after the dust settles could also mention "we earlier
mentioned this caveat but with this fix we no longer have to worry
about it", no?

Thanks both, anyways.