Subject: Re: [PATCH v1] travis-ci: build and test Git on Windows

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 12:30:49 -0700

Lars Schneider <[email-masked]> writes:

> "[...] we do not provide these values to untrusted builds, 
> triggered by pull requests from another repository."
>
> See: https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/environment-variables/#Defining-Variables-in-Repository-Settings

OK, it is a releaf to see an indication that somebody over there is
thinking.  Thanks.

So we do _not_ have to turn it off; as soon as we define sekrit
variables, they will turn it off for us ;-).

>> Hrm, it does mean that people have no way to test on Windows until the
>> branch hits pu. Which is not ideal.
>
> I agree it's not ideal. But I think it is an improvement to check
> pu/next/master/maint continuously :-)

I am not sure what you mean.  We are building each and every branch
updates already, and I do not see any improvement over what we are
doing now.  Care to elaborate?