Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Mar 2017, #06; Tue, 14)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 16:39:08 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Among the topics merged to 'master' since v2.12 was tagged, 40+ of
> them could be also merged to 'maint' (some of these are new features
> and by default should not be, though).  Among them two are fixes for
> regressions found in v2.12:
>
>  * The patch subcommand of "git add -i" was meant to have paths
>    selection prompt just like other subcommand, unlike "git add -p"
>    directly jumps to hunk selection.  Recently, this was broken and
>    "add -i" lost the paths selection dialog, but it now has been
>    fixed.
>    (merge c852bd54bd jk/add-i-patch-do-prompt later to maint).
>
>  * Git v2.12 was shipped with an embarrassing breakage where various
>    operations that verify paths given from the user stopped dying when
>    seeing an issue, and instead later triggering segfault.
>    (merge ce83eadd9a js/realpath-pathdup-fix later to maint).
>
> These two have been merged to 'master' only a few days ago;
> additional tests on 'master' to make sure they fix the issues, and
> more importantly they do not introduce new regressions, are greatly
> appreciated.  I am hoping we can merge them (and probably others)
> to 'maint' to cut v2.12.1 by early next week.

Those who are curious what "probably others" are, a good place to
start is this list (refer to RelNotes on the 'master' for what they
are about):

jk/delta-chain-limit # 2 (2 weeks ago) 
jk/grep-no-index-fix # 7 (2 weeks ago) 
jn/remote-helpers-with-git-dir # 2 (2 weeks ago) 
jk/show-branch-lift-name-len-limit # 3 (2 weeks ago) 
jk/tempfile-ferror-fclose-confusion # 1 (2 weeks ago) 
rl/remote-allow-missing-branch-name-merge # 1 (2 weeks ago) 
dt/gc-ignore-old-gc-logs # 1 (2 weeks ago) 
jc/config-case-cmdline-take-2 # 2 (4 days ago) 
jk/ident-empty # 4 (4 days ago) 
jt/upload-pack-error-report # 1 (4 days ago) 
rs/sha1-file-plug-fallback-base-leak # 1 (4 days ago) 
jt/http-base-url-update-upon-redirect # 1 (4 days ago) 
jk/add-i-patch-do-prompt # 1 (2 days ago) 
js/realpath-pathdup-fix # 2 (2 days ago) 
ss/remote-bzr-hg-placeholder-wo-python # 1 (2 days ago) 
ax/line-log-range-merge-fix # 1 (2 days ago) 
vn/line-log-memcpy-size-fix # 1 (2 days ago) 
jc/diff-populate-filespec-size-only-fix # 1 (2 days ago) 
ab/cond-skip-tests # 3 (75 minutes ago) 
jk/interpret-branch-name # 9 (75 minutes ago) 
mm/fetch-show-error-message-on-unadvertised-object # 3 (75 minutes ago) 
dp/filter-branch-prune-empty # 4 (75 minutes ago) 
ew/http-alternates-as-redirects-warning # 2 (75 minutes ago) 
jk/push-deadlock-regression-fix # 6 (75 minutes ago) 
mm/two-more-xstrfmt # 2 (2 weeks ago) 
ps/docs-diffcore # 2 (4 days ago) 
ew/markdown-url-in-readme # 1 (4 days ago) 
rj/remove-unused-mktemp # 2 (4 days ago) 
jk/ewah-use-right-type-in-sizeof # 1 (2 days ago)