Subject: Re: [PATCH] submodules: update documentaion for submodule branches

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 15:43:20 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Brandon Williams <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Update the documentaion for the the special value `.` to indicate that
>> it signifies that the tracking branch in the submodule should be the
>> same as the current branch in the superproject.
>
> Thanks.  Will typofix while extending with info supplied by Stefan
> like so:

Ugh.  Should have proof-read before sending it out.

>     4d7bc52b17 ("submodule update: allow '.' for branch value",
>     2016-08-03) adopted from Gerrit a feature to set "." as a special
>     value of "submodule.<name>.branch" in .gitmodules file to indicate
>     that it signifies that the tracking branch in the submodule should
>     be the same as the current branch in the superproject.

    ... in .gitmodules file to indicate that the tracking branch in
    the submodule should be ...

"to indicate that it signifies that" was overly redundant.