Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 1/4] Refactor skipping DOS drive prefixes

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 14:12:11 -0800

Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am 24.01.2016 um 11:56 schrieb Johannes Schindelin:
>> $ grep -w isalpha /mingw32/i686-w64-mingw32/include/*.h
>> /mingw32/i686-w64-mingw32/include/ctype.h:  _CRTIMP int __cdecl isalpha(int _C);
>> /mingw32/i686-w64-mingw32/include/ctype.h:#define __iscsymf(_c) (isalpha(_c) || ((_c)=='_'))
>> 
>> I guess that definition gets pulled in somehow.
>
> Ok, then, Junio, kindly replace js/dirname-basename~4 with this patch.
> (I hope I get the patch headers right for git-am.)

Thanks for following it through.

If they are already in 'next', we'd want an incremental fixup, though.

    ... goes and looks ...

Yeah, unfortunately that is already in 'next'; could you make this
into an incremental, which would come with its own log message that
explains why the inlining was wrong?

Thanks.