Subject: Re: [PATCH] Documentation/git-stash.txt: Adjust SYNOPSIS command syntaxes

From: Jari Aalto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 03:43:06 +0200

* Fri 2008-02-01 Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
* Message-Id: [email-masked]
> GNU 'cpio' makes it somewhat easier to read by listing
> subcommands separately:
>
>   SYNOPSIS
>     cpio  {-o|--create} [-0acvABLV] [-C bytes] [-H format] [-M message] [-O
>     [[user@]host:]archive]            [-F            [[user@]host:]archive]
>     [--file=[[user@]host:]archive]   [--format=format]  [--message=message]
>     [--null] [--reset-access-time] [--verbose] [--dot] [--append] [--block-
>     size=blocks]      [--dereference]      [--io-size=bytes]      [--quiet]
>     [--force-local] [--rsh-command=command] [--help]  [--version]  <  name-
>     list [> archive]
>
>     cpio  {-i|--extract} [-bcdfmnrtsuvBSV] [-C bytes] [-E file] [-H format]

Yes, I previously presented that the other common syntax was using curly
braces, like here. I think we shoudl select it.

Jari

-- 
Welcome to FOSS revolution: we fix and modify until it shines