Subject: [RFC PATCH 1/6] ARM: pmu: register IRQs at runtime

From: [email-masked] (Will Deacon)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:06:15 -0000

Hi Jamie,
 
> I much prefer this rather than the old static list that we had before. As an
> aside, do you know of any ARM PMU's that need memory resources in addition to
> the IRQ's? If so perhaps a platform_device might be an easy way of extending
> this.

Well, the ARM11MPCore SCU counters are memory mapped and I have a feeling that
anything [counter-wise] outside the CPU core will likely be memory mapped in the
future.

I've had a go at using a platform_device instead of the struct pmu_irqs, I'll post
the changes for you to take a look at.
 
> Acked-by: Jamie Iles <[email-masked]>

Thanks for that. Please take a look at the platform_device version and see what
you reckon.

Cheers,

Will