Subject: [PATCH v4 00/21] PCI: fix config space memory mappings

From: [email-masked] (Jingoo Han)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:20:02 -0400

On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 2:41 AM, Jon Masters wrote:
> 
> On 04/19/2017 12:48 PM, Lorenzo Pieralisi wrote:
> 
> > On some platforms (ie ARM/ARM64) ioremap fails to comply with the PCI
> > configuration non-posted write transactions requirement, because it
> > provides a memory mapping that issues "bufferable" or, in PCI terms
> > "posted" write transactions. Likewise, the current pci_remap_iospace()
> > implementation maps the physical address range that the PCI translates
> > to I/O space cycles to virtual address space through pgprot_device()
> > attributes that on eg ARM64 provides a memory mapping issuing
> > posted writes transactions, which is not PCI specifications compliant.
> 
> Side note that I've pinged all of the ARM server vendors and asked them
> to verify this patch series on their platforms.

Good! I really want to know the result of these patches on ARM serves.
Please share it with us. Good luck.

Best regards,
Jingoo Han

> Jon.