Subject: [RESEND PATCH V6 0/6] Add support for privileged mappings

From: [email-masked] (Sricharan)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 01:04:46 +0530

Hi Robin,

>Hi Robin,
>
>>>> Hi Sricharan,
>>>>
>>>> On 02/12/16 14:55, Sricharan R wrote:
>>>>> This series is a resend of the V5 that Mitch sent sometime back [2]
>>>>> All the patches are the same and i have just rebased. Not sure why this
>>>>> finally did not make it last time. The last patch in the previous
>>>>> series does not apply now [3], so just redid that. Also Copied the tags
>>>>> that he had from last time as well.
>>>>
>>>> Heh, I was assuming this would be down to me to pick up. Vinod did have
>>>> some complaints last time about the commit message on the PL330 patch -
>>>> I did get as far as rewriting that and reworking onto my SMMU
>>>> changes[1], I just hadn't got round to sending it, so it fell onto the
>>>> "after the next merge window" pile.
>>>>
>>>> I'd give some review comments, but they'd essentially be a diff against
>>>> that branch :)
>>>>
>>>
>>> Sure, i did not knew that you were on this already. I can repost with the diff
>>> from your branch taken in or wait for you as well. I am fine with either ways
>>> that you suggest.
>>>
>>> I checked the patches against your branch, i see that the changes are,
>>>
>>> 1) one patch for implementing it for armv7s descriptor
>>> 2) Changes on pl330 patch commit logs and
>>> 3) One patch for doing the revert on arm-smmuv3 as well.
>>
>>If you want to pick up my short-descriptor and SMMUv3 patches and run
>>with them you're more than welcome - the rest is just cosmetic stuff
>>which doesn't really matter, especially as it's picking up acks as-is.
>>
>
>Sure, i will repost with additional stuff picked up from your branch and
>the acks as well.

Posted V7 [1], while i tested the additional short descriptor changes,
but was not able to get hold of board with arm-smmuv3 in it.

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org/msg1291140.html

Regards,
 Sricharan