Subject: Re: [PATCH V2 2/2] mm/pgtable/debug: Add test validating architecture page table helpers

From: Anshuman Khandual <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:39:13 +0530

On 09/12/2019 04:30 PM, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 11:32:53AM +0530, Anshuman Khandual wrote:
>> +MODULE_LICENSE("GPL v2");
>> +MODULE_AUTHOR("Anshuman Khandual <[email-masked]>");
>> +MODULE_DESCRIPTION("Test architecture page table helpers");
> 
> It's not module. Why?

Not any more. Nothing in particular. Just that module_init() code gets
executed after page allocator init which is needed here. But I guess
probably not a great way to get this test started.

> 
> BTW, I think we should make all code here __init (or it's variants) so it
> can be discarded on boot. It has not use after that.

Sounds good, will change. Will mark all these functions as __init and
will trigger the test with late_initcall().

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel