Subject: RE: [PATCH 0/6] Kill setup_irq()

From: "Brian Cain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 10:03:28 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] <linux-hexagon-
> [email-masked]> On Behalf Of afzal mohammed
...
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 09:48:38PM -0500, Brian Cain wrote:
> 
> > > Note 2: hexagon final image creation fails even w/o my patch
> 
> > 	What's the nature of the failure in "Note 2"?
> 
> drivers/base/firmware_loader/main.o: In function `fw_is_builtin_firmware':
> /devel/src/kernel6/drivers/base/firmware_loader/main.c:132:(.text+0xc8):
> relocation truncated to fit: R_HEX_16_X against symbol
`__start_builtin_fw'
> defined in .modinfo section in .tmp_vmlinux1
> Makefile:1077: recipe for target 'vmlinux' failed
> make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Thanks for reporting it -- I will make a patch to fix it.

-Brian

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel