Subject: [PATCH v2] input: MXC: add mxc-keypad driver to support the Keypad Port present in the mxc application processors family.

From: [email-masked] (Alberto Panizzo)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:29:01 +0100

Hi Dmitry! Thanks for reviewing!

On mar, 2010-01-26 at 01:52 -0800, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > This algorithm is done via a threaded management of the keypad interrupt source
> > and delayed by a proper (and longer) debounce interval controlled by the 
> > platform initialization.
> 
> This I am not so sure about - the core of the matrix scan routine does
> not sleep so I wonder if starting a separate thread is not too wasteful
> in this case - you can easily do whan you want with a timer, no?

I'm pretty new to kernel programming and, from the university, the 
threaded way looked the better (and unique) for me..
Let me find some documentation on timers and I will restructure the 
interrupt management. Yes I need only to delay the matrix-scan activity
without waste cpu time.

> 
> > +
> > +     /*
> > +      * Search for rows and cols enabled
> > +      */
> > +     keymap_data = (struct matrix_keymap_data *) pdata->keymap_data;
> 
> Why do you need to cast away constness instead of declaring keymap_data
> as const pointer?

In next version will be fixed.

Alberto!