Subject: Query: Patches break with Microsoft exchange server.

From: [email-masked] (David Woodhouse)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 20:26:54 -0000

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 12:01 +0300, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> It would probably be "against corporate policy" to use gmail for these
> emails... 

If that's the case, then you really *do* need to get your boss to fix
it.

If the company provides a working email account, it makes a certain
amount of sense for them to ask you to use it.

But if all they provide is Microsoft Exchange, that's insane -- what
Exchange provides is *like* email, but it is *not* email. Once you start
trying to use it for real email, you find it's broken by design in a
large number of ways. It makes no sense for them to require that you use
Exchange for Internet email, because that's not what Exchange does.

If my corporate overloads told me I had to use my Exchange "messaging"
account for external email communication, they would get a quite clear
'no' in response. My response may also contain suggestions that they use
certain other objects for purposes for which they were not designed.

Seriously, just use an external email account and ignore the broken
corporate policy. 'Policy' is just a euphemism for not having to think
for yourself.

-- 
dwmw2

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo at vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/