Subject: [RFC][PATCH] ARM: kirkwood: Remove eSATA SheevaPlug board support

From: [email-masked] (Tixy)
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 11:39:43 +0000

On Thu, 2011-12-01 at 19:04 +0800, Axel Lin wrote: 
> commit bb9b25f923 "ARM: Update mach-types" removes sheeva_esata entry
> from mach-types, so current code in arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/sheevaplug-setup.c
> always compile fail.
> 
> This patch removes sheeva_esata related code.

As I use this device I would rather not see support for it dropped.

After doing some digging in the mail archives I believe the eSata
SheevaPlug entry has been deleted due to the machine_is_xxx() name not
matching the CONFIG_XXX name. A fix for this was proposed a while back
by Nicolas Pitre: http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg140555.html

Is it now too late to fix this now?

Below is a respin of Nicolas's original patch based on yesterdays
linux-next...

8<---------------------------------------------------------------------->8

[PATCH] Fix machine_is_xxx() naming for eSata SheevaPlug and QNAP TS-209

The eSata SheevaPlug and QNAP TS-209 devices were removed from
mach-types due to naming mismatches between machine_is_xxx(), CONFIG_XXX
and MACH_TYPE_XXX.

This patch fixes those mismatches and adds the devices back into
mach-types.

Cc: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lennert Buytenhek <[email-masked]>
Cc: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Jon Medhurst <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/sheevaplug-setup.c |    6 +++---
 arch/arm/mach-orion5x/ts209-setup.c       |    2 +-
 arch/arm/tools/mach-types                 |    2 ++
 3 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/sheevaplug-setup.c b/arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/sheevaplug-setup.c
index 85bff6b..4ea70e5 100644
--- a/arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/sheevaplug-setup.c
+++ b/arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/sheevaplug-setup.c
@@ -107,7 +107,7 @@ static void __init sheevaplug_init(void)
 	kirkwood_init();
 
 	/* setup gpio pin select */
-	if (machine_is_sheeva_esata())
+	if (machine_is_esata_sheevaplug())
 		kirkwood_mpp_conf(sheeva_esata_mpp_config);
 	else
 		kirkwood_mpp_conf(sheevaplug_mpp_config);
@@ -123,11 +123,11 @@ static void __init sheevaplug_init(void)
 	kirkwood_ge00_init(&sheevaplug_ge00_data);
 
 	/* honor lower power consumption for plugs with out eSATA */
-	if (machine_is_sheeva_esata())
+	if (machine_is_esata_sheevaplug())
 		kirkwood_sata_init(&sheeva_esata_sata_data);
 
 	/* enable sd wp and sd cd on plugs with esata */
-	if (machine_is_sheeva_esata())
+	if (machine_is_esata_sheevaplug())
 		kirkwood_sdio_init(&sheeva_esata_mvsdio_data);
 	else
 		kirkwood_sdio_init(&sheevaplug_mvsdio_data);
diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-orion5x/ts209-setup.c b/arch/arm/mach-orion5x/ts209-setup.c
index 62c156b..5d64087 100644
--- a/arch/arm/mach-orion5x/ts209-setup.c
+++ b/arch/arm/mach-orion5x/ts209-setup.c
@@ -178,7 +178,7 @@ static struct hw_pci qnap_ts209_pci __initdata = {
 
 static int __init qnap_ts209_pci_init(void)
 {
-	if (machine_is_ts_x09())
+	if (machine_is_ts209())
 		pci_common_init(&qnap_ts209_pci);
 
 	return 0;
diff --git a/arch/arm/tools/mach-types b/arch/arm/tools/mach-types
index 459d114..7f9809a 100644
--- a/arch/arm/tools/mach-types
+++ b/arch/arm/tools/mach-types
@@ -269,6 +269,7 @@ dns323			MACH_DNS323		DNS323			1542
 omap3_beagle		MACH_OMAP3_BEAGLE	OMAP3_BEAGLE		1546
 nokia_n810		MACH_NOKIA_N810		NOKIA_N810		1548
 pcm038			MACH_PCM038		PCM038			1551
+ts209			MACH_TS209		TS209			1565
 at91cap9adk		MACH_AT91CAP9ADK	AT91CAP9ADK		1566
 mx31moboard		MACH_MX31MOBOARD	MX31MOBOARD		1574
 vision_ep9307		MACH_VISION_EP9307	VISION_EP9307		1578
@@ -457,6 +458,7 @@ guruplug		MACH_GURUPLUG		GURUPLUG		2659
 spear310		MACH_SPEAR310		SPEAR310		2660
 spear320		MACH_SPEAR320		SPEAR320		2661
 aquila			MACH_AQUILA		AQUILA			2676
+esata_sheevaplug	MACH_ESATA_SHEEVAPLUG	ESATA_SHEEVAPLUG	2678
 msm7x30_surf		MACH_MSM7X30_SURF	MSM7X30_SURF		2679
 ea2478devkit		MACH_EA2478DEVKIT	EA2478DEVKIT		2683
 terastation_wxl		MACH_TERASTATION_WXL	TERASTATION_WXL		2697
-- 
1.7.2.5