Subject: [PATCH 0/8] *** ARM: Update arch-vt8500 to Devicetree ***

From: [email-masked] (Tony Prisk)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 13:39:18 +1200

This patchset updates arch-vt8500 to devicetree and removes all the old-style
code. Support for WM8650 has also been added.

Example dts/dtsi files are given for the three currently supported models.

Major changes:

GPIO code has been converted to a platform_device and rewritten as WM8505
support was broken. Add support for WM8650 gpio controller.

UHCI support was missing. Added this as a generic non-pci uhci controller as
it doesn't require anything special. Should be usable by any system that doesn't
have special requirements to get the UHCI controller working.

Framebuffer code patched to support WM8650. The bindings for this are of concern
but there doesn't seem to be a formalized binding yet. This patch is based off
Sascha Hauer's current patch on the dri-devel mailing list and should be easily
patched out when its finalized.

Patchset based on Arnd's arm-soc/for-next branch.

Could I get this reviewed, hopefully for inclusion into v3.7.

Regards
Tony Prisk

Tony Prisk (8):
  arm: vt8500: Add device tree files for VIA/Wondermedia SoC's
  rtc: vt8500: Add devicetree support for vt8500-rtc
  serial: vt8500: Add devicetree support for vt8500-serial
  usb: vt8500: Add devicetree support for vt8500-ehci and -uhci.
  video: vt8500: Add devicetree support for vt8500-fb and wm8505-fb
  arm: vt8500: Update arch-vt8500 to devicetree support.
  arm: vt8500: doc: Add device tree bindings for arch-vt8500 devices
  ARM: vt8500: gpio: Devicetree support for arch-vt8500

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/vt8500.txt   |   15 +
 .../bindings/arm/vt8500/via,vt8500-intc.txt        |   16 +
 .../bindings/arm/vt8500/via,vt8500-pmc.txt         |   13 +
 .../bindings/arm/vt8500/via,vt8500-timer.txt       |   15 +
 .../devicetree/bindings/gpio/gpio_vt8500.txt       |   24 ++
 .../devicetree/bindings/rtc/via,vt8500-rtc.txt     |   15 +
 .../bindings/tty/serial/via,vt8500-uart.txt        |   15 +
 .../devicetree/bindings/usb/platform-uhci.txt      |   15 +
 .../devicetree/bindings/usb/via,vt8500-ehci.txt    |   15 +
 .../devicetree/bindings/vendor-prefixes.txt        |    2 +
 .../devicetree/bindings/video/via,vt8500-fb.txt    |   46 +++
 .../devicetree/bindings/video/wm,prizm-ge-rops.txt |   13 +
 .../devicetree/bindings/video/wm,wm8505-fb.txt     |   20 ++
 arch/arm/Kconfig                                   |    2 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/vt8500.dtsi                      |   99 ++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/vt8500_ref.dts                   |   31 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/wm8505.dtsi                      |  125 ++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/wm8505_ref.dts                   |   31 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/wm8650.dtsi                      |   95 ++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/wm8650_ref.dts                   |   31 ++
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/Kconfig                       |   72 +----
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/Makefile                      |    9 +-
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/bv07.c                        |   80 -----
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/common.h                      |   25 ++
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/devices-vt8500.c              |   91 ------
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/devices-wm8505.c              |   99 ------
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/devices.c                     |  270 -----------------
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/devices.h                     |   88 ------
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/gpio.c                        |  240 ---------------
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/include/mach/restart.h        |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/include/mach/vt8500_irqs.h    |   88 ------
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/include/mach/vt8500_regs.h    |   79 -----
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/include/mach/wm8505_irqs.h    |  115 -------
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/include/mach/wm8505_regs.h    |   78 -----
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/irq.c                         |  160 +++++-----
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/restart.c                     |   54 ----
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/timer.c                       |   56 +++-
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/vt8500.c                      |  192 ++++++++++++
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/wm8505_7in.c                  |   79 -----
 drivers/gpio/Kconfig                               |    6 +
 drivers/gpio/Makefile                              |    1 +
 drivers/gpio/gpio-vt8500.c                         |  318 ++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/rtc/rtc-vt8500.c                           |    7 +
 drivers/tty/serial/vt8500_serial.c                 |    7 +
 drivers/usb/host/Kconfig                           |    4 +-
 drivers/usb/host/ehci-vt8500.c                     |   24 +-
 drivers/usb/host/uhci-hcd.c                        |    5 +
 drivers/usb/host/uhci-platform.c                   |  166 ++++++++++
 drivers/video/Kconfig                              |    6 +-
 drivers/video/vt8500lcdfb.c                        |   77 ++++-
 drivers/video/wm8505fb.c                           |   95 +++++-
 drivers/video/wmt_ge_rops.c                        |    7 +
 52 files changed, 1674 insertions(+), 1566 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/vt8500.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/vt8500/via,vt8500-intc.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/vt8500/via,vt8500-pmc.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/vt8500/via,vt8500-timer.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/gpio_vt8500.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/rtc/via,vt8500-rtc.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/tty/serial/via,vt8500-uart.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/platform-uhci.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/via,vt8500-ehci.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/via,vt8500-fb.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/wm,prizm-ge-rops.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/wm,wm8505-fb.txt
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/vt8500.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/vt8500_ref.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/wm8505.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/wm8505_ref.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/wm8650.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/wm8650_ref.dts
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/bv07.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/common.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/devices-vt8500.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/devices-wm8505.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/devices.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/devices.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/gpio.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/include/mach/vt8500_irqs.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/include/mach/vt8500_regs.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/include/mach/wm8505_irqs.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/include/mach/wm8505_regs.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/restart.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/vt8500.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/wm8505_7in.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/gpio/gpio-vt8500.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/usb/host/uhci-platform.c

-- 
1.7.9.5