Subject: [PATCH 00/10] Convert MSM to common clock framework

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Boyd)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 19:26:48 -0700

This patchset moves the existing MSM clock code and affected drivers to the
common clock framework. A prerequisite of moving to the common clock
framework is to use clk_prepare() and clk_enable() so the first
few patches migrate drivers to that call (clk_prepare() is a no-op on MSM
right now). It also removes some custom clock APIs that MSM provides
and finally moves the proc_comm clock code to the common struct clock.

This patch series will be used as the foundation of the MSM 8660/8960
clock code that I plan to send out soon.

These patches have one dependency on the devm_clk_register() function
which I already posted to the list[1]. They're based on linux-next-20120917.

Stephen Boyd (10):
  usb: otg: msm: Convert to clk_prepare/unprepare
  msm_sdcc: Convert to clk_prepare/unprepare
  msm: iommu: Convert to clk_prepare/unprepare
  msm: iommu: Use clk_set_rate() instead of clk_set_min_rate()
  ARM: msm: Remove custom clk_set_flags() API
  ARM: msm: Remove custom clk_set_{max,min}_rate() API
  ARM: msm: Remove clock-7x30.h include file
  ARM: msm: Prepare clk_get() users in mach-msm for clock-pcom driver
  ARM: msm: Make proc_comm clock control into a platform driver
  ARM: msm: Migrate to common clock framework

 arch/arm/Kconfig                       |   1 +
 arch/arm/mach-msm/Makefile             |  10 +-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/board-halibut.c      |   2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/board-msm7x30.c      |   2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/board-qsd8x50.c      |   2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/board-trout-panel.c  |  19 ++--
 arch/arm/mach-msm/board-trout.c        |   3 +-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-7x30.h         | 155 ------------------------------
 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-debug.c        | 130 --------------------------
 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-pcom.c         | 149 ++++++++++++++++++-----------
 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-pcom.h         |  31 +++---
 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock.c              | 166 +--------------------------------
 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock.h              |  51 +++-------
 arch/arm/mach-msm/devices-msm7x00.c    |  12 ++-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/devices-msm7x30.c    |  13 ++-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/devices-qsd8x50.c    |  11 ++-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/devices.h            |  15 +--
 arch/arm/mach-msm/dma.c                |   5 +-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/board.h |   5 -
 arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/clk.h   |   9 --
 drivers/iommu/msm_iommu_dev.c          |  20 ++--
 drivers/mmc/host/msm_sdcc.c            |  14 ++-
 drivers/usb/otg/msm_otg.c              |  38 ++++----
 23 files changed, 222 insertions(+), 641 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-7x30.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-debug.c

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/9/19/28

-- 
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
hosted by The Linux Foundation