Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Fix msm timer clearing bugs

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Boyd)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:31:36 -0700

This patchset cleans up some bugs in the msm timer code and overhauls
the DT binding. I don't think we'll need to radically change it again,
and we haven't shipped any devices with these bindings so we should
be ok. The important thing is that the binding is consolidated and
more clearly describes the hardware. We can use the compatible field to
determine which timers are present and what the register layout is,
so we may need to add more compatible fields in the future.

Patches are based on v3.9-rc2. These patches will conflict with
my other patch series to remove the local timer API, but the
conflict isn't impossible to resolve and we can figure out how to
deal with that after review.

Patch 1 is a bug fix which could probably go into 3.9 if desired.
Patch 2 overhauls the DT binding to be cleaner, and patch 3 fixes
a bug where we don't wait for the timer to be clear before
programming it leading to no more ticks.

Stephen Boyd (3):
  ARM: msm: Stop counting before reprogramming clockevent
  ARM: msm: Rework timer binding to be more general
  ARM: msm: Wait for timer clear to complete

 .../devicetree/bindings/arm/msm/timer.txt          |  41 ++++----
 arch/arm/boot/dts/msm8660-surf.dts                 |  20 ++--
 arch/arm/boot/dts/msm8960-cdp.dts                  |  22 ++--
 arch/arm/mach-msm/timer.c                          | 115 ++++++++++-----------
 4 files changed, 90 insertions(+), 108 deletions(-)

-- 
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
hosted by The Linux Foundation