Subject: [GIT PULL v2] msm clock for 3.11

From: [email-masked] (David Brown)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 14:00:28 -0700

This pull request differs from the previous one for the clock code by:

  - Gathered additional Acked-by lines.
  - A small #include fixup found by Stephen Boyd

The only Ack not received was from Chris Ball, who is CC'd on this
request.

The following changes since commit f722406faae2d073cc1d01063d1123c35425939e:

  Linux 3.10-rc1 (2013-05-11 17:14:08 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davidb/linux-msm.git tags/msm-clock-for-3.11b

for you to fetch changes up to 8cc7f5338e729b79194e6c22e3c794faaef974b8:

  ARM: msm: Migrate to common clock framework (2013-06-24 13:08:05 -0700)

----------------------------------------------------------------
MSM clock updates for 3.11.

Per Stephen Boyd's coverletter:

Resending to collect higher level maintainer acks per Olof's request.
The plan is to push this patchset through MSM to the arm-soc tree.

This patchset moves the existing MSM clock code and affected drivers
to the common clock framework. A prerequisite of moving to the common
clock framework is to use clk_prepare() and clk_enable() so the first
few patches migrate drivers to that call (clk_prepare() is a no-op on
MSM right now). It also removes some custom clock APIs that MSM
provides and finally moves the proc_comm clock code to the common
struct clk.

This patch series will be used as the foundation of the MSM 8660/8960
clock code that I plan to send out after this series.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen Boyd (12):
      msm_serial: Convert to clk_prepare/unprepare
      msm_serial: Use devm_clk_get() and properly return errors
      usb: otg: msm: Convert to clk_prepare/unprepare
      msm_sdcc: Convert to clk_prepare/unprepare
      msm: iommu: Convert to clk_prepare/unprepare
      msm: iommu: Use clk_set_rate() instead of clk_set_min_rate()
      ARM: msm: Remove custom clk_set_flags() API
      ARM: msm: Remove custom clk_set_{max,min}_rate() API
      ARM: msm: Remove clock-7x30.h include file
      ARM: msm: Prepare clk_get() users in mach-msm for clock-pcom driver
      ARM: msm: Make proc_comm clock control into a platform driver
      ARM: msm: Migrate to common clock framework

 arch/arm/Kconfig                       |   2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/Makefile             |  10 +-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/board-halibut.c      |   2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/board-msm7x30.c      |   2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/board-qsd8x50.c      |   2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/board-trout-panel.c  |  19 ++--
 arch/arm/mach-msm/board-trout.c        |   3 +-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-7x30.h         | 155 ------------------------------
 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-debug.c        | 130 --------------------------
 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-pcom.c         | 149 ++++++++++++++++++-----------
 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-pcom.h         |  31 +++---
 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock.c              | 166 +--------------------------------
 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock.h              |  51 +++-------
 arch/arm/mach-msm/devices-msm7x00.c    |  12 ++-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/devices-msm7x30.c    |  15 ++-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/devices-qsd8x50.c    |  12 ++-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/devices.h            |  15 +--
 arch/arm/mach-msm/dma.c                |   5 +-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/board.h |   5 -
 arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/clk.h   |   9 --
 drivers/iommu/msm_iommu_dev.c          |  20 ++--
 drivers/mmc/host/msm_sdcc.c            |  14 ++-
 drivers/tty/serial/msm_serial.c        |  35 +++----
 drivers/usb/phy/phy-msm-usb.c          |  38 ++++----
 24 files changed, 243 insertions(+), 659 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-7x30.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-debug.c