Subject: [PATCH 00/11] CPU enable method based SMP/hotplug + MSM conversion

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Boyd)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 15:08:48 -0700

This is a rework of patches sent a few months back by Rohit[1].
The goal of these patches is to add support for SMP and (basic)
hotplug on MSM based SoCs. To get there, we add support for a
generic way to add SMP/hotplug support code in the kernel. To
show how it's used, we convert the MSM8660 SMP support code over
to the new method. After that we add support for the rest of the
upstream MSM SoCs (note these patches are piled high on top of
Rohit's patches to add 8074 support to MSM[2] and my follow ups[3,4],
but this should only matter to the MSM maintainers).

This is one of the last items of code that still requires us to have
a mach directory and a machine descriptor. We should be able to move
the hotplug/smp code out of mach directories if this approach is
accepted.

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/8/1/770
[2] https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/10/17/520
[3] https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/10/18/406
[4] http://lkml.org/lkml/2013/10/28/501
 
Rohit Vaswani (7):
  devicetree: bindings: Document cpu enable-method for ARM CPUs
  devicetree: bindings: Document Qualcomm cpus and enable-method
  ARM: msm: Remove pen_release usage
  ARM: msm: Re-organize platsmp to make it extensible
  ARM: msm: Add SMP support for KPSSv1
  ARM: msm: Add SMP support for KPSSv2
  ARM: dts: msm: Add nodes necessary for SMP boot

Stephen Boyd (4):
  devicetree: bindings: Document qcom,kpss-acc
  devicetree: bindings: Document qcom,saw2 node
  ARM: Introduce CPU_METHOD_OF_DECLARE() for cpu hotplug/smp
  ARM: msm: Remove nr_cpus detection logic

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/cpus.txt     |  11 +
 .../devicetree/bindings/arm/msm/qcom,kpss-acc.txt  |  21 ++
 .../devicetree/bindings/arm/msm/qcom,saw2.txt      |  23 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom-msm8660-surf.dts            |  24 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom-msm8960-cdp.dts             |  32 +++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom-msm8974.dtsi                |  49 ++++
 arch/arm/include/asm/smp.h                         |   9 +
 arch/arm/kernel/devtree.c                          |  38 +++
 arch/arm/mach-msm/Makefile                         |   2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-msm/board-dt.c                       |  14 -
 arch/arm/mach-msm/common.h                         |   1 -
 arch/arm/mach-msm/headsmp.S                        |  39 ---
 arch/arm/mach-msm/hotplug.c                        |  31 +--
 arch/arm/mach-msm/platsmp.c                        | 301 +++++++++++++++------
 arch/arm/mach-msm/scm-boot.h                       |   8 +-
 include/asm-generic/vmlinux.lds.h                  |  10 +
 16 files changed, 448 insertions(+), 165 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/msm/qcom,kpss-acc.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/msm/qcom,saw2.txt
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-msm/headsmp.S

-- 
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
hosted by The Linux Foundation