Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/4] soc: bcm: add BCM63xx power domain driver

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 19:19:33 -0700

On 6/9/2020 3:52 AM, Álvaro Fernández Rojas wrote:
> BCM6318, BCM6328, BCM6362 and BCM63268 SoCs have a power domain controller
> to enable/disable certain components in order to save power.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Álvaro Fernández Rojas <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  drivers/soc/bcm/Kconfig         |   8 +
>  drivers/soc/bcm/Makefile        |   1 +
>  drivers/soc/bcm/bcm63xx-power.c | 374 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I would create drivers/soc/bcm/bcm63xx because there are likely going to
be more changes for BCM63xx DSL SOCs in the future that would land
there, for instance the BCM63138 and newer SoCs have an entirely
different reset controller using the on-chip micro controller that would
be landing there.

Can you also make sure that the MAINTAINERS file still matches that
location?

With respect to the code, given that you have defined #reset-cells = <1>
in the Device Tree binding, I would expect that you create a header
under include/dt-bindings/ which defines constants for the various SoCs
which you are then using within your power domain provider driver.
bcm2835-power.c is a good example of how this works for instance.
-- 
Florian

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel