Subject: [alsa-devel] [RFC update 0/2] dmaengine/ASoC: omap: Enable element mode in cyclic DMA

From: [email-masked] (Janusz Krzysztofik)
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 21:57:15 +0200

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 15:08:00 Peter Ujfalusi wrote:
> 
> Enable the element mode (thus allowing mono playback and probably 
unblocking
> OMAP1, OMAP2420) in OMAP dmaengine and omap-pcm.
> 
> Janusz: would it be possible for you to test Russell's series plus 
this on
> OMAP1 to make sure that we do not broke it?

Hi,
I can confirm that sound works for me as before, both capture and 
playback, on my OMAP1 Amstrad Delta with Russell's and Peter's patches 
applied on top of linux-3.6-rc3, with the OMAP DMA engine driver built 
in. I was not able make audible tests with applications other than a 
soft phone as I didn't get back home for this weekend, but I think that 
the asterisk soft phone is quite a demanding use case.

The only thing I'm not sure about is why the sysfs provided 
bytes_transferred values never change from their initial zeros.

For OMAP1:
Tested-by: Janusz Krzysztofik <[email-masked]>

Thanks,
Janusz