Subject: [PATCH 00/10] initial clkdev cleanups

From: [email-masked] (Andy Shevchenko)
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 17:56:47 +0200

On Mon, 2015-03-02 at 13:50 -0800, Stephen Boyd wrote:
> On 03/02/15 09:05, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > Here's some initial clkdev cleanups.  These are targetted for the next
> > merge window, and while the initial patches can be merged independently,
> > I'd prefer to keep the series together as further work on solving the
> > problems which unique struct clk's has introduced is needed.

> > I'm also killing a chunk of seemingly unused code in the omap3isp driver.
> >
> > Lastly, I'm introducing a clkdev_create() helper, which combines the
> > clkdev_alloc() + clkdev_add() pattern which keeps cropping up.
> >
> 
> We already have a solution to that problem with clk_register_clkdev().
> Andy has done some work to make clk_register_clkdev() return a struct
> clk_lookup pointer[1]. Maybe we can do that instead of introducing a new
> clkdev_create() function. There is some benefit to having a new function
> though so that we can avoid a flag day, although it looks like the flag
> day is small in this case so it might not actually matter.

> [1] https://www.marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=142469226512289

Agree with Stephen, why should we have the second function doing the
same? Just name changing?

I think you may just incorporate that patch into your series.

-- 
Andy Shevchenko <[email-masked]>
Intel Finland Oy