Subject: [PATCH V4 1/4] ARM: dts: exynos5420: add i2s controllers

From: [email-masked] (Tomasz Figa)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 19:02:20 +0200

On Monday 12 of August 2013 14:12:36 Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 01:41:23PM +0200, Tomasz Figa wrote:
> > On Monday 12 of August 2013 12:34:48 Mark Brown wrote:
> > > I'd expect that to interact badly with the pinmuxing - unless the
> > > device is disabled it'll try to grab its pins on probe which is not
> > > going to be a good idea unless it is actually wired up for use in
> > > the system.  Or is there some other mechanism for handling that?
> > 
> > Ah, good point. Now I wonder whether pinctrl nodes shouldn't be
> > considered board-specific and specified in board-level dts instead?
> 
> It seems a bit cleaner to use the current mechanism in that it stops the
> device appearing at all and hence repeated efforts to probe, plus a
> simple enable is less error prone, the way these SoCs are designed you
> don't have to pick which pinmux is in use for most of the IPs.  Where
> there are multiple options it does seem like a good approach though.
> 
> Tastes may differ though.

Right, if this SoC has only one pinmux setting for this IP, then it's 
fine.

Padmavathi, this was the only issue I spotted, so have my:

Reviewed-by: Tomasz Figa <[email-masked]>

Best regards,
Tomasz