Subject: [PATCH v4 0/6] SA1100/PXA RTC clean-up

From: [email-masked] (Rob Herring)
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 10:02:24 -0500

This series enables building the SA1100 RTC driver for ARM64 in
preparation for enabling CONFIG_ARCH_MMP on ARM64. This is needed for
supporting the PXA1928 SOC. Clean-up of SA1100 RTC is complicated by the
fact that some PXA chips use both sa1100-rtc and pxa-rtc drivers and
share the same registers. This does not work well with the Linux driver
model. So the first step is removing this sharing by the 2 drivers and
making sa1100-rtc and pxa-rtc mutually exclusive.

The previous versions can be found here[1][2][3]. Patches 1 and 2 are new.
Patches 3, 5, and 6 are unchanged. Patch 4 is mostly the same, but
adjusted due to patches 1 and 2.

A git branch is here[4]. I've tested sa1100-rtc on PXA1928. I need help
testing on PXA27x/3xx.

Rob

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.kernel/391410
[2] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.kernel/409740
[3] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.kernel/412047
[4] git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/robh/linux.git marvell/rtc

Rob Herring (6):
  rtc: sa1100: prepare to share sa1100_rtc_ops
  rtc: pxa: convert to use shared sa1100 functions
  ARM: pxa: add memory resource to SA1100 RTC device
  rtc: sa1100/pxa: convert to run-time register mapping
  ARM: sa1100: remove unused RTC register definitions
  ARM: mmp: remove unused RTC register definitions

 arch/arm/mach-mmp/include/mach/regs-rtc.h   |  23 -----
 arch/arm/mach-pxa/devices.c                 |  18 +---
 arch/arm/mach-pxa/pxa27x.c                  |   1 -
 arch/arm/mach-pxa/pxa3xx.c                  |   1 -
 arch/arm/mach-sa1100/include/mach/SA-1100.h |  34 -------
 drivers/rtc/Kconfig                         |   4 +-
 drivers/rtc/rtc-pxa.c                       |  55 +++++------
 drivers/rtc/rtc-sa1100.c                    | 139 +++++++++++++++++-----------
 drivers/rtc/rtc-sa1100.h                    |  23 +++++
 9 files changed, 140 insertions(+), 158 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-mmp/include/mach/regs-rtc.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/rtc/rtc-sa1100.h

--
2.1.0