Subject: [PATCH v2 07/13] memory: kill off set_irq_flags usage

From: [email-masked] (Rob Herring)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 09:26:45 -0500

set_irq_flags is ARM specific with custom flags which have genirq
equivalents. Convert drivers to use the genirq interfaces directly, so we
can kill off set_irq_flags. The translation of flags is as follows:

IRQF_VALID -> !IRQ_NOREQUEST
IRQF_PROBE -> !IRQ_NOPROBE
IRQF_NOAUTOEN -> IRQ_NOAUTOEN

For IRQs managed by an irqdomain, the irqdomain core code handles clearing
and setting IRQ_NOREQUEST already, so there is no need to do this in
.map() functions and we can simply remove the set_irq_flags calls. Some
users also set IRQ_NOPROBE and this has been maintained although it is not
clear that is really needed. There appears to be a great deal of blind
copy and paste of this code.

Signed-off-by: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Roger Quadros <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Cc: linux-omap at vger.kernel.org
---
 drivers/memory/omap-gpmc.c | 5 ++---
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/memory/omap-gpmc.c b/drivers/memory/omap-gpmc.c
index 8911e51..dde6f4dd 100644
--- a/drivers/memory/omap-gpmc.c
+++ b/drivers/memory/omap-gpmc.c
@@ -1176,8 +1176,8 @@ static int gpmc_setup_irq(void)
 		gpmc_client_irq[i].irq = gpmc_irq_start + i;
 		irq_set_chip_and_handler(gpmc_client_irq[i].irq,
 					&gpmc_irq_chip, handle_simple_irq);
-		set_irq_flags(gpmc_client_irq[i].irq,
-				IRQF_VALID | IRQF_NOAUTOEN);
+		irq_modify_status(gpmc_client_irq[i].irq, IRQ_NOREQUEST,
+				  IRQ_NOAUTOEN);
 	}
 
 	/* Disable interrupts */
@@ -1200,7 +1200,6 @@ static int gpmc_free_irq(void)
 	for (i = 0; i < GPMC_NR_IRQ; i++) {
 		irq_set_handler(gpmc_client_irq[i].irq, NULL);
 		irq_set_chip(gpmc_client_irq[i].irq, &no_irq_chip);
-		irq_modify_status(gpmc_client_irq[i].irq, 0, 0);
 	}
 
 	irq_free_descs(gpmc_irq_start, GPMC_NR_IRQ);
-- 
2.1.0