Subject: Patch "irqchip/crossbar: Restore the irq_set_type() mechanism" has been added to the 4.1-stable tree

From: [email-masked] (gregkh at linuxfoundation.org)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 15:41:21 -0700

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    irqchip/crossbar: Restore the irq_set_type() mechanism

to the 4.1-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     irqchip-crossbar-restore-the-irq_set_type-mechanism.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.1 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>>From e269ec42328783e51be08c191aa935dba56141fc Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Grygorii Strashko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 15:20:27 +0300
Subject: irqchip/crossbar: Restore the irq_set_type() mechanism

From: Grygorii Strashko <[email-masked]>

commit e269ec42328783e51be08c191aa935dba56141fc upstream.

The conversion of the crossbar irqchip to hierarchical irq domains
failed to provide a mechanism to properly set the trigger type of an
interrupt.

The crossbar irq chip itself has no mechanism and therefor no
irq_set_type() callback. The code before the conversion relayed the
trigger configuration directly to the underlying GIC.

Restore the correct behaviour by setting the crossbar irq_set_type
callback to irq_chip_set_type_parent(). This propagates the
set_trigger() call to the underlying GIC irqchip.

[ tglx: Massaged changelog ]

Fixes: 783d31863fb8 ('irqchip: crossbar: Convert dra7 crossbar...')
Signed-off-by: Grygorii Strashko <[email-masked]>
Cc: Sudeep Holla <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Link: http://lkml.kernel.org/r/1439554830-19502-4-git-send-email-grygorii.strashko at ti.com
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

---
 drivers/irqchip/irq-crossbar.c |    1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

--- a/drivers/irqchip/irq-crossbar.c
+++ b/drivers/irqchip/irq-crossbar.c
@@ -69,6 +69,7 @@ static struct irq_chip crossbar_chip = {
 	.irq_unmask		= irq_chip_unmask_parent,
 	.irq_retrigger		= irq_chip_retrigger_hierarchy,
 	.irq_set_wake		= irq_chip_set_wake_parent,
+	.irq_set_type		= irq_chip_set_type_parent,
 #ifdef CONFIG_SMP
 	.irq_set_affinity	= irq_chip_set_affinity_parent,
 #endif

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from grygorii.strashko at ti.com are

queue-4.1/irqchip-crossbar-restore-the-mask-on-suspend-behaviour.patch
queue-4.1/genirq-don-t-return-enosys-in-irq_chip_retrigger_hierarchy.patch
queue-4.1/irqchip-crossbar-restore-set_wake-functionality.patch
queue-4.1/irqchip-crossbar-restore-the-irq_set_type-mechanism.patch
queue-4.1/arm-dts-dra7-fix-broken-pbias-device-creation.patch
queue-4.1/genirq-introduce-irq_chip_set_type_parent-helper.patch
queue-4.1/arm-omap-wakeupgen-restore-the-irq_set_type-mechanism.patch