Subject: [PATCH] arm64: dts: Add idle-states for Juno

From: [email-masked] (Jon Medhurst (Tixy))
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:12:31 +0000

On Thu, 2015-10-22 at 14:22 +0100, Punit Agrawal wrote:
> "Jon Medhurst (Tixy)" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > From: Jon Medhurst <[email-masked]>
> >
> > Signed-off-by: Jon Medhurst <[email-masked]>
> 
> Apologies for resurrecting an old thread.
> 
> Following the discussion on this thread, even though certain concerns
> were raised, there wasn't any objection to $SUBJECT being merged.
> 
> I don't see this patch in any tree; perhaps it's slipped through the
> cracks.

It did slip through the cracks. Lorenzo's last comment was "I am fine
with enabling the idle states, I need to review and test the idle states
DT data in the patch first though." and I didn't chase things up.

The patch will need refreshing to add idle for Juno r1. Which will then
probably resurrect the discussion about where the numbers come from for
residency times, and are the same ones for r0 valid on r1 (and r2?).

In an effort to forestall that I would say: does anyone actually care if
the values are optimal? Juno is a reference platform and powered off
mains, so tuning for the optimum power consumption is pretty pointless.
But because it _is_ used as a reference by people it should at least
have these features enabled, to serve as an example, and for test
coverage.

(And we can all pretend to ignore the elephant in the room
http://lwn.net/Articles/659347/)

-- 
Tixy