Subject: [PATCH] MAINTAINERS: extend Raspberry Pi entry

From: [email-masked] (Michael Zoran)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 00:09:32 -0800

On Mon, 2017-01-30 at 08:56 +0100, Uwe Kleine-K?nig wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 02:24:08PM -0800, Michael Zoran wrote:
> I don't agree. To be able to review a driver to a Broadcom specific
> spi
> driver, you need to know more about spi than about Broadcom.
> 

I would say that's 50/50.  Some of these drivers like I2C or SPI
are?not really that complex.  The complexity happens when people begin
to try to connect the various drivers in arbitrary ways at which point
things begin to break.

SOCs are designed with cost in mind, so allowing arbitrary
configurations are not aways possible because of attempts to limits the
amount of hardware resources required and the complexity. And I don't
think this is specific to Broadcom or anybody. It's just the way SOCs
work.

This is all vary different from PCs where you expect people to buy
random parts and start connecting them together.  For the reasons I
have given, SOCs arn't quite as flexible.