Subject: [RFC 2/2] phy: exynos5-usbdrd: remove disable and enable of phy clk

From: [email-masked] (Anand Moon)
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 04:36:35 +0000

remove the disable and enable of phy clk.
phy clk is needed to tune the phy controller.

Before:
    mout_usbd300                          1            1    24000000          0 0
       dout_usbd300                       0            0    24000000          0 0
          sclk_usbd300                    0            0    24000000          0 0
       dout_usbphy300                     1            1    24000000          0 0
          sclk_usbphy300                  3            3    24000000          0 0
    mout_usbd301                          1            1    24000000          0 0
       dout_usbd301                       0            0    24000000          0 0
          sclk_usbd301                    0            0    24000000          0 0
       dout_usbphy301                     1            1    24000000          0 0
          sclk_usbphy301                  2            2    24000000          0 0
After:
    mout_usbd300                          2            2    24000000          0 0
       dout_usbd300                       1            1    24000000          0 0
          sclk_usbd300                    2            2    24000000          0 0
       dout_usbphy300                     1            1    24000000          0 0
          sclk_usbphy300                  3            3    24000000          0 0
    mout_usbd301                          2            2    24000000          0 0
       dout_usbd301                       1            1    24000000          0 0
          sclk_usbd301                    2            2    24000000          0 0
       dout_usbphy301                     1            1    24000000          0 0
          sclk_usbphy301                  2            2    24000000          0 0

Signed-off-by: Anand Moon <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/phy/samsung/phy-exynos5-usbdrd.c | 7 -------
 1 file changed, 7 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/phy/samsung/phy-exynos5-usbdrd.c b/drivers/phy/samsung/phy-exynos5-usbdrd.c
index 22c68f5..5e8054c 100644
--- a/drivers/phy/samsung/phy-exynos5-usbdrd.c
+++ b/drivers/phy/samsung/phy-exynos5-usbdrd.c
@@ -409,22 +409,15 @@ static int exynos5_usbdrd_phy_init(struct phy *phy)
 	reg &= ~PHYCLKRST_PORTRESET;
 	writel(reg, phy_drd->reg_phy + EXYNOS5_DRD_PHYCLKRST);
 
-	clk_disable_unprepare(phy_drd->clk);
-
 	return 0;
 }
 
 static int exynos5_usbdrd_phy_exit(struct phy *phy)
 {
-	int ret;
 	u32 reg;
 	struct phy_usb_instance *inst = phy_get_drvdata(phy);
 	struct exynos5_usbdrd_phy *phy_drd = to_usbdrd_phy(inst);
 
-	ret = clk_prepare_enable(phy_drd->clk);
-	if (ret)
-		return ret;
-
 	reg =	PHYUTMI_OTGDISABLE |
 		PHYUTMI_FORCESUSPEND |
 		PHYUTMI_FORCESLEEP;
-- 
2.7.4