Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] arm64: kprobes: Update blacklist checking on arm64

From: Masami Hiramatsu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 15:23:39 +0900

Hello,

Here is the v2 series of update of the kprobe blacklist
checking on arm64.

I found that some blacklist checking code were mis-placed in
arch_prepare_kprobe() and arch_within_kprobe_blacklist().
Since the blacklist just filters by symbol, smaller than the
symbol, like extable must be checked in arch_prepare_kprobe().
Also, all function (symbol) level check must be done by blacklist.

For arm64, it checks the extable entry address in blacklist
and exception/irqentry function in arch_prepare_kprobe().
And, RODATA check is unneeded since kernel/kprobes.c
already ensures the probe address is in kernel-text area.

In v2, I updated [1/4]'s description and added James'
Reviewed-by. Also, in this version, I added a patch which
uses arch_populate_kprobe_blacklist() instead of
arch_within_kprobe_blacklist() so that user can see the full
list of blacklisted symbols under the debugfs.

Changes in v2:
 - [1/4] change description so that it make clear and add
         James' Reviewed-by.
 - [4/4] new patch.

Thank you,

---

Masami Hiramatsu (4):
      arm64: kprobes: Move extable address check into arch_prepare_kprobe()
      arm64: kprobes: Remove unneeded RODATA check
      arm64: kprobes: Move exception_text check in blacklist
      arm64: kprobes: Use arch_populate_kprobe_blacklist()

 arch/arm64/kernel/probes/kprobes.c |   49 ++++++++++++++++++------------------
 1 file changed, 24 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)

--
Masami Hiramatsu (Linaro) <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel