Subject: Patch "arm64: Add sysfs vulnerability show for spectre-v1" has been added to the 4.19-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2019 10:04:01 +0200

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    arm64: Add sysfs vulnerability show for spectre-v1

to the 4.19-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     arm64-add-sysfs-vulnerability-show-for-spectre-v1.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.19 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>From foo@baz Wed 09 Oct 2019 10:02:11 AM CEST
From: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue,  8 Oct 2019 17:39:20 +0200
Subject: arm64: Add sysfs vulnerability show for spectre-v1
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], Mian Yousaf Kaukab <[email-masked]>, Jeremy Linton <[email-masked]>, Andre Przywara <[email-masked]>, Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>, Stefan Wahren <[email-masked]>, Suzuki K Poulose <[email-masked]>, Will Deacon <[email-masked]>, Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Mian Yousaf Kaukab <[email-masked]>

[ Upstream commit 3891ebccace188af075ce143d8b072b65e90f695 ]

spectre-v1 has been mitigated and the mitigation is always active.
Report this to userspace via sysfs

Signed-off-by: Mian Yousaf Kaukab <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Jeremy Linton <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Andre Przywara <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Tested-by: Stefan Wahren <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Suzuki K Poulose <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/arm64/kernel/cpu_errata.c |    6 ++++++
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+)

--- a/arch/arm64/kernel/cpu_errata.c
+++ b/arch/arm64/kernel/cpu_errata.c
@@ -729,3 +729,9 @@ const struct arm64_cpu_capabilities arm6
 	{
 	}
 };
+
+ssize_t cpu_show_spectre_v1(struct device *dev, struct device_attribute *attr,
+			    char *buf)
+{
+	return sprintf(buf, "Mitigation: __user pointer sanitization\n");
+}

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.19/arm64-add-sysfs-vulnerability-show-for-meltdown.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-force-ssbs-on-context-switch.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-enable-generic-cpu-vulnerabilites-support.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-provide-a-command-line-to-disable-spectre_v2-mitigation.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-always-enable-spectre-v2-vulnerability-detection.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-docs-document-ssbs-hwcap.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-add-sysfs-vulnerability-show-for-spectre-v1.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-add-sysfs-vulnerability-show-for-speculative-store-bypass.patch
queue-4.19/kvm-arm64-set-sctlr_el2.dssbs-if-ssbd-is-forcefully-disabled-and-vhe.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-always-enable-ssb-vulnerability-detection.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-advertise-mitigation-of-spectre-v2-or-lack-thereof.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-ssbs-don-t-treat-cpus-with-ssbs-as-unaffected-by-ssb.patch
queue-4.19/crypto-skcipher-unmap-pages-after-an-external-error.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-cpufeature-detect-ssbs-and-advertise-to-userspace.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-ssbd-add-support-for-pstate.ssbs-rather-than-trapping-to-el3.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-fix-ssbs-sanitization.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-add-sysfs-vulnerability-show-for-spectre-v2.patch

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel