Subject: Patch "arm64: docs: Document SSBS HWCAP" has been added to the 4.19-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2019 10:04:02 +0200

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    arm64: docs: Document SSBS HWCAP

to the 4.19-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     arm64-docs-document-ssbs-hwcap.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.19 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>From foo@baz Wed 09 Oct 2019 10:02:11 AM CEST
From: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue,  8 Oct 2019 17:39:18 +0200
Subject: arm64: docs: Document SSBS HWCAP
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], Will Deacon <[email-masked]>, Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>, Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>

[ Upstream commit ee91176120bd584aa10c564e7e9fdcaf397190a1 ]

We advertise the MRS/MSR instructions for toggling SSBS at EL0 using an
HWCAP, so document it along with the others.

Signed-off-by: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/arm64/elf_hwcaps.txt |    4 ++++
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+)

--- a/Documentation/arm64/elf_hwcaps.txt
+++ b/Documentation/arm64/elf_hwcaps.txt
@@ -178,3 +178,7 @@ HWCAP_ILRCPC
 HWCAP_FLAGM
 
     Functionality implied by ID_AA64ISAR0_EL1.TS == 0b0001.
+
+HWCAP_SSBS
+
+    Functionality implied by ID_AA64PFR1_EL1.SSBS == 0b0010.

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.19/arm64-add-sysfs-vulnerability-show-for-meltdown.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-force-ssbs-on-context-switch.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-enable-generic-cpu-vulnerabilites-support.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-provide-a-command-line-to-disable-spectre_v2-mitigation.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-always-enable-spectre-v2-vulnerability-detection.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-docs-document-ssbs-hwcap.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-add-sysfs-vulnerability-show-for-spectre-v1.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-add-sysfs-vulnerability-show-for-speculative-store-bypass.patch
queue-4.19/kvm-arm64-set-sctlr_el2.dssbs-if-ssbd-is-forcefully-disabled-and-vhe.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-always-enable-ssb-vulnerability-detection.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-advertise-mitigation-of-spectre-v2-or-lack-thereof.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-ssbs-don-t-treat-cpus-with-ssbs-as-unaffected-by-ssb.patch
queue-4.19/crypto-skcipher-unmap-pages-after-an-external-error.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-cpufeature-detect-ssbs-and-advertise-to-userspace.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-ssbd-add-support-for-pstate.ssbs-rather-than-trapping-to-el3.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-fix-ssbs-sanitization.patch
queue-4.19/arm64-add-sysfs-vulnerability-show-for-spectre-v2.patch

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel