Subject: [PATCH 00/12] mm: remove __ARCH_HAS_4LEVEL_HACK

From: Mike Rapoport <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 12:28:49 +0300

From: Mike Rapoport <[email-masked]>

Hi,

These patches convert several architectures to use page table folding and
remove __ARCH_HAS_4LEVEL_HACK along with include/asm-generic/4level-fixup.h.

For the nommu configurations the folding is already implemented by the
generic code so the only change was to use the appropriate header file.

As for the rest, the changes are mostly about mechanical replacement of
pgd accessors with pud/pmd ones and the addition of higher levels to page
table traversals.

With Vineet's patches from "elide extraneous generated code for folded
p4d/pud/pmd" series [1] there is a small shrink of the kernel size of about
-0.01% for the defconfig build. 

The set is boot-tested on UML, qemu-{alpha,sparc} and aranym.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]

Mike Rapoport (12):
  alpha: use pgtable-nop4d instead of 4level-fixup
  arm: nommu: use pgtable-nopud instead of 4level-fixup
  c6x: use pgtable-nopud instead of 4level-fixup
  m68k: nommu: use pgtable-nopud instead of 4level-fixup
  m68k: mm: use pgtable-nopXd instead of 4level-fixup
  microblaze: use pgtable-nopmd instead of 4level-fixup
  nds32: use pgtable-nopmd instead of 4level-fixup
  parisc: use pgtable-nopXd instead of 4level-fixup
  sparc32: use pgtable-nopud instead of 4level-fixup
  um: remove unused pxx_offset_proc() and addr_pte() functions
  um: add support for folded p4d page tables
  mm: remove __ARCH_HAS_4LEVEL_HACK and include/asm-generic/4level-fixup.h

 arch/alpha/include/asm/pgalloc.h         |  4 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/pgtable.h         | 24 ++++-----
 arch/alpha/mm/init.c                     | 12 +++--
 arch/arm/include/asm/pgtable.h           |  2 +-
 arch/c6x/include/asm/pgtable.h           |  2 +-
 arch/m68k/include/asm/mcf_pgalloc.h      |  7 ---
 arch/m68k/include/asm/mcf_pgtable.h      | 28 ++++-------
 arch/m68k/include/asm/mmu_context.h      | 12 ++++-
 arch/m68k/include/asm/motorola_pgalloc.h |  4 +-
 arch/m68k/include/asm/motorola_pgtable.h | 32 +++++++-----
 arch/m68k/include/asm/page.h             |  9 ++--
 arch/m68k/include/asm/pgtable_mm.h       | 11 +++--
 arch/m68k/include/asm/pgtable_no.h       |  2 +-
 arch/m68k/include/asm/sun3_pgalloc.h     |  5 --
 arch/m68k/include/asm/sun3_pgtable.h     | 18 -------
 arch/m68k/kernel/sys_m68k.c              | 10 +++-
 arch/m68k/mm/init.c                      |  6 ++-
 arch/m68k/mm/kmap.c                      | 36 ++++++++++----
 arch/m68k/mm/mcfmmu.c                    | 16 +++++-
 arch/m68k/mm/motorola.c                  | 17 ++++---
 arch/microblaze/include/asm/page.h       |  3 --
 arch/microblaze/include/asm/pgalloc.h    | 16 ------
 arch/microblaze/include/asm/pgtable.h    | 32 +-----------
 arch/microblaze/kernel/signal.c          | 10 ++--
 arch/microblaze/mm/init.c                |  7 ++-
 arch/microblaze/mm/pgtable.c             | 13 ++++-
 arch/nds32/include/asm/page.h            |  3 --
 arch/nds32/include/asm/pgalloc.h         |  3 --
 arch/nds32/include/asm/pgtable.h         | 12 +----
 arch/nds32/include/asm/tlb.h             |  1 -
 arch/nds32/kernel/pm.c                   |  4 +-
 arch/nds32/mm/fault.c                    | 16 ++++--
 arch/nds32/mm/init.c                     | 11 +++--
 arch/nds32/mm/mm-nds32.c                 |  6 ++-
 arch/nds32/mm/proc.c                     | 26 ++++++----
 arch/parisc/include/asm/page.h           | 30 ++++++-----
 arch/parisc/include/asm/pgalloc.h        | 41 ++++++---------
 arch/parisc/include/asm/pgtable.h        | 52 ++++++++++---------
 arch/parisc/include/asm/tlb.h            |  2 +
 arch/parisc/kernel/cache.c               | 13 +++--
 arch/parisc/kernel/pci-dma.c             |  9 +++-
 arch/parisc/mm/fixmap.c                  | 10 ++--
 arch/sparc/include/asm/pgalloc_32.h      |  6 +--
 arch/sparc/include/asm/pgtable_32.h      | 28 +++++------
 arch/sparc/mm/fault_32.c                 | 11 ++++-
 arch/sparc/mm/highmem.c                  |  6 ++-
 arch/sparc/mm/io-unit.c                  |  6 ++-
 arch/sparc/mm/iommu.c                    |  6 ++-
 arch/sparc/mm/srmmu.c                    | 51 ++++++++++++++-----
 arch/um/include/asm/pgtable-2level.h     |  1 -
 arch/um/include/asm/pgtable-3level.h     |  1 -
 arch/um/include/asm/pgtable.h            |  3 ++
 arch/um/kernel/mem.c                     | 25 +++++++++-
 arch/um/kernel/skas/mmu.c                | 12 ++++-
 arch/um/kernel/skas/uaccess.c            |  7 ++-
 arch/um/kernel/tlb.c                     | 85 +++++++++++++++++++-------------
 arch/um/kernel/trap.c                    |  4 +-
 include/asm-generic/4level-fixup.h       | 40 ---------------
 include/asm-generic/tlb.h                |  2 -
 include/linux/mm.h                       | 10 ++--
 mm/memory.c                              |  8 ---
 61 files changed, 481 insertions(+), 408 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 include/asm-generic/4level-fixup.h

-- 
2.7.4

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel