Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] spi: mediatek: add power control when set_cs

From: luhua xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 14:25:19 +0800

On Wed, 2019-10-23 at 16:11 +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 08:38:42AM -0400, Luhua Xu wrote:
> > From: "luhua.xu" <[email-masked]>
> 
> > Use runtime PM to power spi when set_cs
> > As set_cs may be called from interrupt context,
> > set runtime PM IRQ safe for spi.
> 
> Why might we be trying to set the chip select state while the device is
> runtime idle?  It seems like whatever is trying to set the chip select
> should be dealing with this, not the chip select operation itself since
> that's unlikely to be happening in isolation.

Hi Mark,
Spi framework provideds  spi_setup() to modify spi settings for spi
device (maybe spi is runtime idle now), and this will call
spi_controller->set_cs() accessing registers.
Other spi_controller callbacks that need to access hardware registers,
are triggered by spi transfer. Spi framework will get and put runtime
power in __spi_pump_message().

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel