Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Workaround for ThunderX2 erratum 221

From: Ganapatrao Prabhakerrao Kulkarni <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 01:01:39 +0000

This erratum is found when system hang reported by internal
benchmarking team while they were trying ThunderX2 PMU uncore
events along with cpu/memory intensive applications like stream,
SPECjbb, SPECInt, etc.

The workaround is to disable event multiplexing.

The current Perf core does not provide any provision to PMUs
to disable event multiplexing. In first patch, adding PMU
capability to disable event multiplexing in perf core.
In second patch, setting the capability to disable for
the ThunderX2 UNCORE PMUs.

Ganapatrao Prabhakerrao Kulkarni (2):
  perf/core: Adding capability to disable PMUs event multiplexing
  Thunderx2, uncore: Add workaround for ThunderX2 erratum 221

 Documentation/admin-guide/perf/thunderx2-pmu.rst | 9 +++++++++
 drivers/perf/thunderx2_pmu.c                     | 3 ++-
 include/linux/perf_event.h                       | 1 +
 kernel/events/core.c                             | 8 ++++++++
 4 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel