Subject: [PATCH V4 0/2] firmware: arm_scmi: add smc/hvc transports support

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 10:06:57 +0800

From: Peng Fan <[email-masked]>

V4:
 Drop prot_id in scmi_chan_info, since not used for now.

V3:
 Add back arm,scmi-smc compatible string
 Change smc-id to arm,smc-id
 Directly use arm_smccc_1_1_invoke
 Add prot_id in scmi_chan_info for per protocol shmem usage.

V2:
 patch 1/2: only add smc-id property
 patch 2/2: Parse smc/hvc from psci node
	    Use prot_id as 2nd arg when issue smc/hvc
	    Differentiate tranports using mboxes or smc-id property
https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/cover/1193435/

This is to add smc/hvc transports support, based on Viresh's v6.
SCMI firmware could be implemented in EL3, S-EL1, NS-EL2 or other
A core exception level. Then smc/hvc could be used. And for vendor
specific firmware, a wrapper layer could added in EL3, S-EL1,
NS-EL2 and etc to translate SCMI calls to vendor specific firmware calls.

A new compatible string arm,scmi-smc is added. arm,scmi is still for
mailbox transports.

Per smc/hvc, only Tx supported.

Peng Fan (2):
  dt-bindings: arm: arm,scmi: add smc/hvc transport
  firmware: arm_scmi: add smc/hvc transport

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/arm,scmi.txt |   3 +-
 drivers/firmware/arm_scmi/Makefile                 |   2 +-
 drivers/firmware/arm_scmi/common.h                 |   1 +
 drivers/firmware/arm_scmi/driver.c                 |   1 +
 drivers/firmware/arm_scmi/smc.c                    | 145 +++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 150 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/firmware/arm_scmi/smc.c

-- 
2.16.4

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel