Subject: [PATCH 2/4] clk: exynos-audss: allow input clocks to be specified in device tree

From: [email-masked] (Tomasz Figa)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:28:47 +0200

Hi Padmavathi, Andrew,

On Wednesday 10 of July 2013 17:41:51 Padmavathi Venna wrote:
> From: Andrew Bresticker <[email-masked]>
> 
> This allows the input clocks to the Exynos AudioSS block to be specified
> via device-tree bindings.  Default names will be used when an input clock
> is not given.  This will be useful when adding support for the
> Exynos5420 where the audio bus clock is called "sclk_maudio0" instead of
> "sclk_audio0".
> 
> Signed-off-by: Andrew Bresticker <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-on: https://gerrit.chromium.org/gerrit/57833
> Reviewed-by: Simon Glass <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  .../devicetree/bindings/clock/clk-exynos-audss.txt |   31
> ++++++++++++++++++- drivers/clk/samsung/clk-exynos-audss.c             |
>   28 +++++++++++++++-- 2 files changed, 53 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

Well, this is basically how it should be done, but in current state of 
clock core I can see a problem: can we really rely on the order of clock 
initialization? I mean, we can't defer initialization of particular clock 
controller until all external clocks it needs are available, because there 
is no probing involved here.

Best regards,
Tomasz