Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] dt-bindings: pinctrl: Add DT bindings for apple, pinctrl

From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 09:01:39 -0500

On Sat, 08 May 2021 16:19:55 +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> The Apple GPIO controller is a simple combined pin and GPIO conroller
> present on Apple ARM SoC platforms, including various iPhone and iPad
> devices and the "Apple Silicon" Macs.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Mark Kettenis <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  .../bindings/pinctrl/apple,pinctrl.yaml       | 103 ++++++++++++++++++
>  MAINTAINERS                                   |   2 +
>  include/dt-bindings/pinctrl/apple.h           |  13 +++
>  3 files changed, 118 insertions(+)
>  create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pinctrl/apple,pinctrl.yaml
>  create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/pinctrl/apple.h
> 

My bot found errors running 'make DT_CHECKER_FLAGS=-m dt_binding_check'
on your patch (DT_CHECKER_FLAGS is new in v5.13):

yamllint warnings/errors:

dtschema/dtc warnings/errors:
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pinctrl/apple,pinctrl.example.dts:19:18: fatal error: dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/apple-aic.h: No such file or directory
   19 |         #include <dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/apple-aic.h>
      |                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [scripts/Makefile.lib:377: Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pinctrl/apple,pinctrl.example.dt.yaml] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [Makefile:1414: dt_binding_check] Error 2

See https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1475875

This check can fail if there are any dependencies. The base for a patch
series is generally the most recent rc1.

If you already ran 'make dt_binding_check' and didn't see the above
error(s), then make sure 'yamllint' is installed and dt-schema is up to
date:

pip3 install dtschema --upgrade

Please check and re-submit.

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel