Subject: Re: [PATCH] dt-bindings: rtc: zynqmp: convert bindings to YAML

From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 08:32:10 -0500

On Mon, 31 May 2021 14:24:26 +0900, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu wrote:
> Convert Real Time Clock for Xilinx Zynq MPSoC SoC bindings documentation
> to YAML schemas.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  .../bindings/rtc/xlnx,zynqmp-rtc.yaml         | 58 +++++++++++++++++++
>  .../devicetree/bindings/rtc/xlnx-rtc.txt      | 25 --------
>  2 files changed, 58 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)
>  create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/rtc/xlnx,zynqmp-rtc.yaml
>  delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/rtc/xlnx-rtc.txt
> 

My bot found errors running 'make DT_CHECKER_FLAGS=-m dt_binding_check'
on your patch (DT_CHECKER_FLAGS is new in v5.13):

yamllint warnings/errors:

dtschema/dtc warnings/errors:
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/rtc/xlnx,zynqmp-rtc.example.dts:16.9-30: ERROR (duplicate_property_names): /example-0:#address-cells: Duplicate property name
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/rtc/xlnx,zynqmp-rtc.example.dts:17.9-27: ERROR (duplicate_property_names): /example-0:#size-cells: Duplicate property name
ERROR: Input tree has errors, aborting (use -f to force output)
make[1]: *** [scripts/Makefile.lib:380: Documentation/devicetree/bindings/rtc/xlnx,zynqmp-rtc.example.dt.yaml] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [Makefile:1416: dt_binding_check] Error 2

See https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1485555

This check can fail if there are any dependencies. The base for a patch
series is generally the most recent rc1.

If you already ran 'make dt_binding_check' and didn't see the above
error(s), then make sure 'yamllint' is installed and dt-schema is up to
date:

pip3 install dtschema --upgrade

Please check and re-submit.

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel