Subject: Patch "PCI: aardvark: Fix a leaked reference by adding missing of_node_put()" has been added to the 4.14-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 13:48:48 +0100

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    PCI: aardvark: Fix a leaked reference by adding missing of_node_put()

to the 4.14-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     pci-aardvark-fix-a-leaked-reference-by-adding-missing-of_node_put.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.14 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>From foo@baz Mon Nov 29 01:32:04 PM CET 2021
From: "Marek Behún" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 23:49:11 +0100
Subject: PCI: aardvark: Fix a leaked reference by adding missing of_node_put()
To: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>, Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], "Wen Yang" <[email-masked]>, "Lorenzo Pieralisi" <[email-masked]>, "Thomas Petazzoni" <[email-masked]>, "Bjorn Helgaas" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], "Marek Behún" <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Wen Yang <[email-masked]>

commit 3842f5166bf1ef286fe7a39f262b5c9581308366 upstream.

The call to of_get_next_child() returns a node pointer with refcount
incremented thus it must be explicitly decremented after the last
usage.

irq_domain_add_linear() also calls of_node_get() to increase refcount,
so irq_domain will not be affected when it is released.

Detected by coccinelle with the following warnings:
  ./drivers/pci/controller/pci-aardvark.c:826:1-7: ERROR: missing of_node_put; acquired a node pointer with refcount incremented on line 798, but without a corresponding object release within this function.

Signed-off-by: Wen Yang <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Lorenzo Pieralisi <[email-masked]>
Cc: Thomas Petazzoni <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lorenzo Pieralisi <[email-masked]>
Cc: Bjorn Helgaas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Signed-off-by: Marek BehÃºn <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/pci/host/pci-aardvark.c |   13 ++++++++-----
 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

--- a/drivers/pci/host/pci-aardvark.c
+++ b/drivers/pci/host/pci-aardvark.c
@@ -789,6 +789,7 @@ static int advk_pcie_init_irq_domain(str
 	struct device_node *node = dev->of_node;
 	struct device_node *pcie_intc_node;
 	struct irq_chip *irq_chip;
+	int ret = 0;
 
 	raw_spin_lock_init(&pcie->irq_lock);
 
@@ -803,8 +804,8 @@ static int advk_pcie_init_irq_domain(str
 	irq_chip->name = devm_kasprintf(dev, GFP_KERNEL, "%s-irq",
 					dev_name(dev));
 	if (!irq_chip->name) {
-		of_node_put(pcie_intc_node);
-		return -ENOMEM;
+		ret = -ENOMEM;
+		goto out_put_node;
 	}
 
 	irq_chip->irq_mask = advk_pcie_irq_mask;
@@ -816,11 +817,13 @@ static int advk_pcie_init_irq_domain(str
 				      &advk_pcie_irq_domain_ops, pcie);
 	if (!pcie->irq_domain) {
 		dev_err(dev, "Failed to get a INTx IRQ domain\n");
-		of_node_put(pcie_intc_node);
-		return -ENOMEM;
+		ret = -ENOMEM;
+		goto out_put_node;
 	}
 
-	return 0;
+out_put_node:
+	of_node_put(pcie_intc_node);
+	return ret;
 }
 
 static void advk_pcie_remove_irq_domain(struct advk_pcie *pcie)

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-move-pcie-reset-card-code-to-advk_pcie_train_link.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-introduce-an-advk_pcie_valid_device-helper.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-update-comment-about-disabling-link-training.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-train-link-immediately-after-enabling-training.patch
queue-4.14/arm64-dts-marvell-armada-37xx-declare-pcie-reset-pin.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-replace-custom-macros-by-standard-linux-pci_regs.h-macros.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-fix-a-leaked-reference-by-adding-missing-of_node_put.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-fix-pcie-max-payload-size-setting.patch
queue-4.14/pinctrl-armada-37xx-correct-pwm-pins-definitions.patch
queue-4.14/arm64-dts-marvell-armada-37xx-set-pcie_reset_pin-to-gpio-function.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-configure-pcie-resources-from-ranges-dt-property.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-improve-link-training.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-fix-link-training.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-fix-checking-for-link-up-via-ltssm-state.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-issue-perst-via-gpio.patch
queue-4.14/pinctrl-armada-37xx-correct-mpp-definitions.patch
queue-4.14/pci-add-pci_exp_lnkctl2_tls-macros.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-wait-for-endpoint-to-be-ready-before-training-link.patch
queue-4.14/pinctrl-armada-37xx-add-missing-pin-pcie1-wakeup.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-fix-compilation-on-s390.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-fix-i-o-space-page-leak.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-don-t-touch-pcie-registers-if-no-card-connected.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-remove-pcie-outbound-window-configuration.patch
queue-4.14/pci-aardvark-indicate-error-in-val-when-config-read-fails.patch

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel