Subject: Patch "pinctrl: bcm2835: Match BCM7211 compatible string" has been added to the 5.4-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 17:01:50 +0100

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    pinctrl: bcm2835: Match BCM7211 compatible string

to the 5.4-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     pinctrl-bcm2835-match-bcm7211-compatible-string.patch
and it can be found in the queue-5.4 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>From foo@baz Thu Jan 27 04:40:37 PM CET 2022
From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 11:42:19 -0800
Subject: pinctrl: bcm2835: Match BCM7211 compatible string
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>, Linus Walleij <[email-masked]>, Rob Herring <[email-masked]>, Mark Rutland <[email-masked]>, Ray Jui <[email-masked]>, Scott Branden <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (maintainer:BROADCOM BCM281XX/BCM11XXX/BCM216XX ARM ARCHITE...), Eric Anholt <[email-masked]>, Stefan Wahren <[email-masked]>, Nicolas Saenz Julienne <[email-masked]>, Phil Elwell <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (open list:OPEN FIRMWARE AND FLATTENED DEVICE TREE BINDINGS), [email-masked] (open list), [email-masked] (open list:PIN CONTROL SUBSYSTEM), [email-masked] (moderated list:BROADCOM BCM2711/BCM2835 ARM ARCHITECTURE), [email-masked] (moderated list:BROADCOM BCM2711/BCM2835 ARM ARCHITECTURE)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>

commit 562c856f96d22ef1204b0a314bc52e85617199b4 upstream

The BCM7211 SoC uses the same pinconf_ops as the ones defined for the
BCM2711 SoC, match the compatible string and use the correct set of
options.

Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/pinctrl/bcm/pinctrl-bcm2835.c |    4 ++++
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+)

--- a/drivers/pinctrl/bcm/pinctrl-bcm2835.c
+++ b/drivers/pinctrl/bcm/pinctrl-bcm2835.c
@@ -1134,6 +1134,10 @@ static const struct of_device_id bcm2835
 		.compatible = "brcm,bcm2711-gpio",
 		.data = &bcm2711_plat_data,
 	},
+	{
+		.compatible = "brcm,bcm7211-gpio",
+		.data = &bcm2711_plat_data,
+	},
 	{}
 };

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-5.4/pinctrl-bcm2835-drop-unused-define.patch
queue-5.4/arm-dts-gpio-ranges-property-is-now-required.patch
queue-5.4/pinctrl-bcm2835-add-support-for-wake-up-interrupts.patch
queue-5.4/pinctrl-bcm2835-change-init-order-for-gpio-hogs.patch
queue-5.4/pinctrl-bcm2835-refactor-platform-data.patch
queue-5.4/pinctrl-bcm2835-match-bcm7211-compatible-string.patch
queue-5.4/pinctrl-bcm2835-add-support-for-all-gpios-on-bcm2711.patch

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel