Subject: [PATCH 1/6] clk: exynos-audss: convert to platform device

From: [email-masked] (Tomasz Figa)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 23:30:17 +0200

On Monday 23 of September 2013 14:25:12 Andrew Bresticker wrote:
> >> +static int __init exynos_audss_clk_init(void)
> >> +{
> >> +     return platform_driver_register(&exynos_audss_clk_driver);
> >> +}
> >> +core_initcall(exynos_audss_clk_init);
> > 
> > Does it need to be core_initcall? Drivers depending on clocks provided
> > by this driver should be able to defer probing if they are probed
> > before this driver.
> 
> Unfortunately there are a couple of issues with making this a
> module_initcall: 1. On the Exynos5420, the AudioSS block provides the
> apb_pclk gate for the ADMA bus, which is probed at postcore_initcall
> time and does not support deferred probing, and

Just out of curiosity, what is this ADMA bus?

Anyway, I'm fine with this, just wanted to make sure that there is a 
reason behind it.

Best regards,
Tomasz